Despite the cool misty September mornings it is still incredibly hot here in western France. A lovely extension to summer. I’ve been busy in the kitchen today making two of my favourite things.
A blackberry crumble cake with blackberries picked from the hedgerows here. And a lovely nourishing whipped body butter using my new avocado, mango and olive butters and scented with lavender and sweet orange – almost good enough to eat as well. I love it when my hands do the thinking and talking for a change.
The cake is a variation on a recipe from The Forager’s Kitchen by Fiona Bird and what’s especially nice about it is the addition of ground hazelnuts to the crumble.
Elizabeth’s whipped Body Butter
- 50ml vegetable oil (I used a combination of sunflower and sweet almond but the possibilities are endless)
- 50ml nut/seed butters (I used a combination of mango, olive and avocado – you could use a combination or just one)
- Essential oils of your choice (I used lavender and sweet orange)
- Combine both ingredients in a top boiler or bain marie until everything has melted
- Place in the fridge for an hour or so
- Remove from the fridge and beat with a hand or electric whisk until light and fluffy
- Add in your essential oils while beating (using around 30 drops of essential oil per 100ml)
- Place in a jar and keep in a cool place
Et voilà! Your very own luxurious body butter.
I’m now going to put my feet up and enjoy a slice of cake ♥
What are you creating this week?