Hello again! I’m back from what feels like a long blogging break. My last post was exactly one month ago so I guess it’s time to get re-acquainted.
We’re back in the farmhouse after a lovely, albeit rather wet, visit to the UK to catch up with folk back there, and this next month also promises to be a little hectic ~ clearing our clutter, packing up, organising storage for our things and accommodation for ourselves in Bordeaux, while also making the most of our last few weeks here in the countryside.
I still have mixed feelings about leaving but I’m excited to be moving on and really positive about where we are going. To spread the excitement I’ve decided to share my list of ten things I plan to do once we get to Bordeaux – yay!
- Drink a large glass of Bordeaux in one of the many outdoor squares and watch life go by
- Wander the streets with my camera and notebook, exploring somewhere new
- Find my new favourite cafe to blog and write from
- Enjoy the buzz of city life ~ I’m hoping I can handle it after so much time in the countryside!
- Find a cute apartment to call our own ~ I am so ready for some stability on the home front
- Go swimming ~ my body is longing to get back into a good routine of lane swimming
- Join a yoga group ~ can’t wait to find a good yoga class and get stretching again
- Get massaging ~ my hands are aching for some stressed-out bodies to work on
- Meet new people, join new groups and revitalise my social life
- Keep working on my aromatherapy projects and creations
Is there anything you would add to the list? Do you have any tips for moving to a new city? How do you help yourself feel at home in a new place?