Sitting here next to the open window, a breeze is blowing through the trees, could be a storm later. I can hear Running Boy outside, playing the guitar, beautiful gentle notes, the wind as percussion…….
Been feeling a lot lately like I’m shedding layers of myself, shedding my skin, just like the snakes and lizards around here, getting to know myself a little more with each layer that peels away, finding out who I really am.
In my quest to get to know myself a little more, I’d like in turn to share a little more about myself with you. Here’s my very random list of things you might not know about me:
- Born and raised in the northwest of England, I’ve lived and worked in seven countries across three continents and have travelled to and visited thirty-three more ~ no wonder I find it hard to settle in one place!
- I worry ~ A LOT ~ about EVERYTHING (including worrying too much)
- I am far happier in wellington boots or birkenstocks than high heels
- I cry often, usually for no particular reason ~ it is ALWAYS solved by a cup of tea and a cuddle
- I used to keep my classmates at school amused by pulling stupid faces but I hardly ever said a word
- I’m not sure my university education has helped me at all ~ if I had the chance to do it all again I would go for something involving more colour and less words
- I have a terrible memory and constantly forget passwords, locking myself out of various accounts ~ for some reason I don’t have the same problem with numbers
- I have bitten my fingernails for as long as I can remember and still find it a struggle not to nibble
- I get really excited about good drying days and love to see clean washing blowing in the wind
- I hate ironing and will go out of my way to avoid it ~ I have probably ironed about three items in the last five years
- I am a minimalist at heart and spend most of my life trying to figure out how to get rid of stuff
- I have been told more times that I can remember that I have “an overactive imagination” ~ I sometimes wonder whether I should write crime fiction as I can’t help pondering various ingenious plots for killing off unwanted characters
- If I have nothing to say I generally say nothing ~ I’ve been called shy (at best) and aloof and standoffish (at worst) ~ I now recognise myself as just plain old introvert
- I don’t work to routines ~ EVER ~ I’m far more haphazard than that
- But I’m very particular about how my toast is buttered ~ always to the edges, and how my eggs are cooked ~ always runny
- Dancing makes me throw my head back and laugh out loud ~ I don’t do it often enough
- The older I get the less I care what anyone else thinks
- I eat almost everything but will draw the line at raisins ~ squashed flies anyone?
- I don’t read or watch the news ~ I’m far happier without it
- I oscillate between sleeping like I’m dead (yes, people have checked I’m still breathing) and being a full-on insomniac
So now I’ve spilled the beans all over myself, what about you? Anything you’d like to share about yourself? Hit reply and leave me a comment ♥