Too many things to do?
Unable to focus on any one thing?
Try this two-minute exercise to calm your mind, relax your body and regain your focus:
- Put a little carrier oil in the palm of your hand (try apricot kernel or jojoba)
- Add two drops of your favourite essential oil
- Rub the palms of your hands together to blend the oils and warm them slightly
- Now cup both hands together and hold them in front of your face with your fingertips resting lightly on your forehead
- Breathe in slowly and deeply (in through your nose and out through your mouth)
- Repeat five times just holding your hands in front of your face, inhaling the scent of the oil and allowing your mind and body to relax and calm
- Keep breathing deeply while using your fingertips to lightly massage the oils into your forehead using little circles
- Spend some time massaging your temples and run your fingertips in tiny circles over your cheekbones and down the side of your face along your jaw
- Rub your hands together one last time, cup them in front of your face and take one more slow, deep breath
There you go. Feeling better? I hope so. I used essential oil of Basil (Ocimum basilicum) ~ the King of de-stressing ~ for this exercise but you could use whatever essential oil helps you to relax.
What are you doing today to help yourself de-stress? Let me know in the comments. Or get in touch if you have a question about essential oils and how to use them.